Interdisciplinary Conference on Disability and Community-Based Rehabilitation
Call for Abstracts
Abstract submission deadline is June 21, 2023
Disability Inclusion: Moving from Research to Action
The objectives of the conference are to:
- Explore gaps between research and action and find strategies moving from research to action about disability and inclusive development.
- Showcase best practices and lessons learned in implementing research findings into policy, programs and practice related to disability, CBID/CBR and inclusive development.
- Identify strategies for action to be taken by the Mastercard Foundation and its partner organizations to achieve full inclusion and human rights for persons with disabilities.
- Provide networking opportunities to participants, further creating a community of expertise in disability inclusion and CBID/CBR in Ethiopia and beyond.
We invite abstracts that would engage attendees in a dialogue moving from research to action on the topic of disability and its interaction with the following:
- Inclusive education at all levels
- Health, including mental health
- Rehabilitation, including technology and accessibility
- Poverty and livelihoods
- Marriage, relationships, family, and social participation for persons with disabilities
We will accept abstracts in oral presentation, poster, and workshop format. The abstract should clearly show the issue linked with the conference objectives.
- The abstract submission form will require you to indicate presentation format preference, either oral or poster presentation, as well as your willingness to present in the alternate format if your preferred format is not available.
- Abstract should be a maximum of 300 words
- Must be submitted online
- Structured abstract
- Background and purpose: Problem statement, study objectives, research question(s) and/or hypothesis
- Method: Study design, participants, sampling, data collection and analysis
- Results/ anticipated outcomes: Summary of findings
- Conclusion/implications: Policy, practice and research implications
- Participants can also submit abstracts that do not fit with traditional academic conference format such as project descriptions or submission from people outside of academia.
Upon acceptance, all presenters need to confirm their registration through online. Both in-person and virtual presentation options are available.
All abstracts will be reviewed by a peer review committee based on:
- Relevance to conference target audience and themes
- Demonstration of innovative approach in the field of disability to conduct study or implement programs
- Informed by and/or presented by people with lived-experience
- Completeness of submission
Please note all accepted abstracts will be published in the conference program guide and will be available to those who have registered for the conference.